Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Lent 2011: Day 8_What is Worth?

World Vision ACT:S. What is worth? We have value in God's love.

Take a minute. Get a pen and journal. Define worth. Write down whatever comes to mind when you think of the word.

Here are some things I came up with: being of value, having a use or purpose, cared for, significance. Worth makes me think of value in both the physical terms of money and material items as well as in terms of our worth and purpose in who we are. While our society may claim our worth is in how much material items or wealth we have, God’s love for us sees us as worthy without such things.

Listen to me, O coastlands, pay attention, you peoples from far away! The Lord called me before I was born, while I was in my mother’s womb he named me. --Isaiah 49:1

This verse reminds me that we were created by God and He knew us before we were born. We are loved and valued by Him. Reflect for a few minutes on your view of worth. Write down what you think gives something or someone value. Spend a few minutes in prayer over this idea of worth and how God values us.

No comments: