Friday, March 11, 2011

Lent 2011: Day 3_Set Your Goals

World Vision ACT:S Reflections. Now that we have spent some time in prayer and contemplated our own stories, it’s time to set some goals.

First, find a journal that you will use throughout your Lent 2011: Relentless Acts of Justice journey. This will be a great place to keep your thoughts together and also look back on in the future.

Next, consider what you want to learn from God in this season. In what ways do you want your heart to break for the things that break the heart of God? Spend 10 minutes thinking and praying through the possibilities and write down at least 2 main goals.

Examples include:
• I want God to teach me how to care for the poor, even if I don’t see poverty every day.
• I want God to teach me what it means to “act justly” on campus, at work, etc.
• I want God to teach me more about a justice issue (such as human trafficking, malaria, or domestic poverty) in the present-day world.
• I want God to show me where I am falling short of His plan for my life, in relation to social justice.
• I want to experience a glimpse of Jesus’ incarnation into a world full of the effects of sin.

Conclude your time in prayer to God, asking Him to nudge you toward your goals.

For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. – Matthew 7:8

No comments: