Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Hail Argentina!

Yes, I have been paying attention (maybe even more than the normal person) to the World Cup. And I can't help but give my allegiance to Argentina. Why might you ask? Well, as most of you know, I have spent more time on Argentine soil than any other in my life besides the USA. I love the culture, the people, and their soccer. So, alas! Hail Argentina!
Mortals! Hear the sacred cry:
"Freedom, freedom, freedom!"
Hear the noise of broken chains,
see the Noble equality enthroned.
The United Provinces of the South have
now opened their very honorable throne.
And the free people of the world reply:
"To the great Argentine people, Cheers!"
"To the great Argentine people, Cheers!"
And the free people of the world reply:
"To the great Argentine people, Cheers!"

No comments: