Thursday, October 05, 2006

Becoming Fully Alive

The book "Waking the Dead" blew my mind. My friend, John, recommended it to me and it definitely changed my life. To be honest, I was kinda skeptical...I read "Wild at Heart" and to be brutally honest, hated it. I feel his ideas of gender roles were off (but, anyway)..."Waking the Dead" made me realize, along with many other things, the importance of the heart.

I loved the book and my life has slowly been changing ever since then...well, it was changing propositionally at least, until recently. I understood what the author was conveying intellectually, but I was still having a hard time using the knowledge practically...until now. God interfered. He stepped in. He said, "You still don't get it, but now I'm gonna show you..."

I feel like a rose emerging in the spring after a long, cold winter...except my winter lasted approximately 28 years. He has introduced me to a new way of living, or better yet, loving, that I sadly had never experienced before....a Christ-like love, a "put others before yourself" type love, a love that honors and cherishes, a love that seeks not its own, a love that encompasses the Incarnation.

My heart is becoming fully alive. Thank you so much Lord, I know its all you.....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too awesome for words! What an amazing gift you just bestowed on my heart, by not witholding yours...Another gigantic step in the continuing process of being transformed into His image. Your heart(love)will continue to expand exponentially, as you keep it open to Him and continue to walk in His steps. Thanks for the reminder of how powerful His love is, in our lives, as well as the ones that He desires our love to pass to each and every moment as we follow His lead. So incredibly elated for all that He is doing in you and through you! Sending hugs and His love, Carey fam

Anonymous said...

G,
this is awsome I am glad you feel that way. There is somthing to the way you are living that gets u tuned in.

btw, I had a similiar opening of the heart after reading sacred romance great story.
peace and blessings,
Enriqueta
"Q"

Anonymous said...

Hallelujah hermano!
This heart stuff is tuff to be sure.

As I read the OT and about destroyed cities I think about my heart. God helped His people rebuild these cites and He does the same for my heart because it has been through some fierce battles and invasions. Then, He is my protection and provides me boundaries and guards so that the enemy cannot get in. It's really powerful.

I like this one because the restoration is beautiful! :

"O afflicted city, lashed by storms and not comforted,
I will build you with stones of turquoise, your foundations with sapphires,
I will make you battlements of rubies, your gates of sparkling jewels, and all your walls of precious stones." (Isa 54:11-12)

Good to read a blog update amigo!
Much grace, peace and joy mi hermano~
Tam`

Sarah said...

check this out. i'm not sure what you'll think, but at least you'll think it's interesting!

http://www.beliefnet.com/blogs/godspolitics/

Jennifer said...

I don't even get a shout out for introducing you to the once-hated-now-loved author of Wild at Heart? C'mon! Sorry I had to be equated with the side of Eldridge you didn't like. Anywhoo, glad to hear from you on your blog-a-roo. I'll be in touch soon. Peace in the East.